Oftentimes as business owners, we’re afraid to try something new.
But isn’t that what entrepreneurship is all about?
We truly believe that you need to try something new in order to determine what’s right for your business.
And like Social Curator Software Developer Daniel said in a recent episode of the Jasmine Star Show, if you don’t feel scared, you’re not innovating.
We’d also like to add on to that with: if you’re not innovating, your business is not just “not growing”... it’s actually falling behind.
>>The best businesses are always–ALWAYS!–trying new things, learning from them, and trying again.<<
Now if you’re reading this blog post and you’re thinking, “Guys, I know I need to try new things… I just don’t know WHAT to try,” you’ve come to the right place.
Here are 7 things for business owners to try in 2022!
- Try Instagram Reels. In 2022, if you’re not creating Instagram Reels for your business, you’re not growing on Instagram… period. The algorithm is highly indexing these short clips in the algorithm and are hardly showing other types of content in people’s feeds. To learn more about creating Reels, download our free Instagram Reels Checklist >>HERE!<<
- Start a challenge: Challenges are a fun way to grow your business and create a community around a common view, belief, or problem. Whether you start a fitness challenge as a personal trainer or a 5-day goal setting challenge as a business coach, If you really want to increase engagement and grow your business, one of the best ways to do this is by inviting your followers to participate in a challenge!
- Pitch yourself to be a guest on a podcast. Speaking on podcasts is a great NEW thing for you to try, especially if you haven’t done it before. When pitching, be sure to emphasize your expertise, what’s in it for THEM, and how you will benefit their audience. We have a great episode on the Jasmine Star Show about this very topic, which you can tune into >>HERE!<<
- Get vulnerable: People buy from PEOPLE. Try sharing something NEW about yourself or your business that you haven’t shared before, such as your “why” for starting your business, your favorite part about what you do, or a difficult or trying time you’ve experienced.
- Experiment with NFTs: If you tuned in to Jasmine and Daniel’s Crypto Curious podcast series, you know that business owners in all different industries can create and sell NFTs for their business. Why not try it yourself?
- Run a social media ad: Finaria recently reported that spending on social media ads hit $105 billion in 2021 – a 15% increase since 2020. And over the last three years, spending on social media ads has jumped nearly 70%! Experimenting with social media ads may feel uncomfortable, but simply boosting a post can dramatically increase your reach on social media.
- Collaborate with another business owner. Some ideas for this are to run a joint giveaway, trade products or services with each other of equal value, or co-host a virtual or in-person event for both of your audiences, there’s plenty of opportunities to create wins for you both. For more help with this, grab our free guide, How to Collaborate with Another Business Owner!
There you have it: 7 ways to get uncomfortable and grow your business in 2022!
At Social Curator, we never tell you to do something without providing resources to help, so be sure to check out all of the FREE resources linked throughout this post to get started.
>>Remember: if you’re not moving forward, you’re standing still… and in business, standing still is the WORST thing you can do for your bottom line.<<
That’s just real talk!
J* + The Social Curator Team